- Category: Info
- Hits: 566
All my object recolors for The Sims 4 have been updated so that they will work with EA's in-game Design Tool. This means that you will no longer have to delete the recolored item and re-buy it just to change the color of it. Instead the new recolor will behave exactly as EA's objects do when the Design Tool is used. So, no more script call failure!
Feel free to re-download and replace the old object files with the new ones! Any objects published from now on will be working with the Design Tool.
Important note: Please keep in mind that this works only when it comes to recolors of the same package. What does this mean?
There are cases – like the Ambassador’s Toilet recolors and the Teen Dreams Beds – where more than one packages are combined to show under one thumbnail in your game - that is if you decide to download all. In these cases, trying to replace one recolor with a recolor of a different package will not work and you will have to sell and buy the object anyway.
- Category: Info
- Hits: 1752
Feel free to link to LaLunaRossa and The Sims using the below graphics. Please have a look to below recommendations:
- It is highly recommended to copy the banner / button of your choice to your own web site and avoid in this way future broken images
- I recommend that you link to our home page: http://www.lalunarossa-sims.org/
- Feel free to link to other pages as well but please keep in mind that deeper level links may be moved or removed in the future, resulting to broken links. Though I try to avoid such changes, sometimes it is just necessary and cannot be avoided
Older logos but can still be used if you prefer
My sincere thanks to all Sims friends who link to us and/or include us to their updates!
- Category: Info
- Hits: 601
When I am not working, or studying, or trying to keep up with my housework, I love to create stuff for my favorite Sims and trying new things and improvements for my site.
I started years ago playing with The Sims. It's been so long that I cannot really remember when exactly in 2000 I was introduced (and hopelessly addicted) to The Sims. When The Sims 2 game was released in September 2004, and after having enjoyed downloading tons of custom content, I decided to give it a try and make my own stuff. I continued creating custom content when The Sims 3 came out as well. I was so looking forward for the new game, that I pre-ordered my copy months in advance. As for The Sims 4? I pre-ordered the very moment pre-ordering was possible, probably a year before the game was released in September 2014!
I mainly do stuff that I want in my game and I hope you will find couple of things to download.
Happy, Endless and Imaginary Simming Everyone!
- Category: Info
- Hits: 972
Free Sims tools:
- SimPE: Biggest thanks to Quaxi for creating SimPE and making Sims 2 objects recolors and meshing possible afterall. Additional credits: Numenor, RGiles and JWoods for their priceless contribution!
- TSR Workshop: This is a tool to create new custom content for the Sims 3 and the Sims 4, like new patterns, meshes, hair, clothing, etc. Credits: The Sims Resource team!
- CEP: Sims 2 objects' recolors require Numenor's CEP in order to work in your game. You can download the current version from Numenor's thread at MTS2. Credits: Numenor, RGiles, Quaxi
- TS2 Homecrafter Plus: A powerful tool that lets you create unique design elements that you can use to personalize your environments in The Sims 2. Credits: EA team
- Create a Pattern: The official pattern tool for The Sims 3. Credits: EA team
- Color Magic: This tool makes the Sims 4 objects recolors possible
- S4PE: The Sims 4 package editor
- Sims 4 Studio: Great tool both for Sims 4 recolors and new meshes
- WallEz: A tool to create walls and floors for The Sims 4
Other free tools and useful links:
- Spiral Graphics: A great site with a fabulous collection of high quality textures and some quite useful programs for the creators, such us the Wood Workshop, a free seamless texture editor that specializes in the creation of seamless wood textures. I will add ... not only! The raw stone floor tiles have also been created with this program, at least the "seamless" part, the rest was taken care by image editor -:)
- You can find a small collection of various sites offering textures and/or tutorials for creating your own ones at this thread.
Image editors and 3D programs I use:
- MilkShape 3D: A great and rather easy-to-learn, low-polygon modeler! It's not a free program but it's affordable and has a one month trial period, plenty of time to see if it suits your needs! Thanks to WesHowe for developing the Sims 2 plugins for Milkshape (and now the Sims 3 plugins!)
- Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2: My latest image editor which I love it! It's not a free program but offers a one month trial period. Before this, I used to work with Paint Shop Pro 9.
- Unlead GIF Animator 5: Great tool for easily creating fast-loading animations. It seems that this program is discontinued and it's not compatible with Windows Vista. Hmmm.... I do use it on my Vista PC for creating the various .gif files you see to my site, lol.
- Media one: I use this for creating photo projects, such as slide shows and digital scrapbooks (like the scrapbook template I have created for my updates). Not free but you can download a trial version
My apologies if I forget to mention someone/something!
If you think that there is something I should mention, please use the "Contact us" link to let me know. Thank you.
Sims Custom Content and Mods
While modding and sharing custom content are common practices in the Simmers world, you should always take into account the potential risks involved. It's your choice to use / install mods and custom content and it's your responsibility to safeguard your property.
Some basic advice:
- Make sure you backup your data before any massive installations or before installing any mods and hacks.
- Use mods and custom content with caution.
- Read the description and documentation (if any) for info on any expansion pack or other requirements, potential conflicts with other mods or custom content, etc.
- If you make a bad installation and your game is crashing, try removing all mods and custom content and see if this solves the problem. If not, safest solution unfortunately is to completely uninstall the game and re-install it. Starting all over again can be very ...traumatic but better this than not playing the game at all.